So you think she might be pregnant.
Here’s some quick advice that may be of benefit to you right now:
- Listen. The situation involves more than just you. There are now three lives to think about.
- Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She may be carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, your baby needs you too.
- Talk about it – not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Express yourself honestly – it’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear, but make sure she knows she is not alone.
- Don’t bail. The more you hide from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- Don’t pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
- Don’t forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.
Suggested first steps:
- Making sure that she is pregnant is important. Schedule an appointment for a medical grade pregnancy test and do your best to attend the appointment with her. If she is pregnant it will impact both of you. During the appointment you will receive information about your options.
- If she is pregnant she will need to schedule an ultrasound to confirm that it is a viable pregnancy. You should show your support and attend this appointment as well even if it means rearranging plans/work schedules.
- Gather all the facts. Get all the information so you can make the best decision for both of you.
We have male consultants available to meet with you one on one.
For a more detailed list of our services please visit our “About Us” section.